Holistic Agile Transformations / Delivery Evangelist / C-level Agile Engagement
• Holistic Agile Transformation
• C-level engagement
• Delivery specialist
• Agile specialist
• DevOps specialist
• Engineering specialist
Carl, an experienced Agile mentor and coach who is recognised globally for his deep understanding and application of various Agile approaches. Organisational level transformation and often at the bleeding edge of all things Agile and prides himself on building exceptional teams greater than the sum of its parts.
• An experienced Agile mentor and coach who is recognised globally for his deep understanding and application of various Agile approaches
• Organisational level transformation
• Often at the bleeding edge of all things Agile
• Prides himself on building exceptional teams greater than the sum of its parts
Qualifications and certifications
• Certified Scrum Master
• Carl was one of 6 Agile Experts that covered the entire GE global transformation, his core focus was in the energy’s and software function. He worked across a number of portfolios / programmes with a combined value in excess of £1.5 billion and delivered optimisations that made / saved in excess of £150m. Along with the other coaches, Carl took on key initiatives to deliver a ‘Lean Start-up’ culture and a heavy focus on practices that would improve the speed to market whilst raising the quality bar. This was achieved through his implementation of BDD and a Continuous Delivery pipeline.
• Built and led the award winning DevOps Travis Perkins’s teams, as well as being the Key trusted advisor to the Travis Perkins board on a range of Agile, Organisational and DevOps topics. Carl owned the creation, implementation and execution of building the Travis Perkin’s DevOps capability to enable faster, cheaper and high quality rapid deployment capabilities across all of the Travis Perkins brands in a high availability Hybris environment.
• One of the five Agile coaches supporting Santander in their adoption, understanding and deployment of Agile. He was responsible for Charlton Park in Leicester and the Bootle site in Liverpool. He was responsible for the implementation of a hypothesis driven development culture in a distributed Agile environment. Carl was the creator of Agile bitesize, a training / coaching approach that involved open sessions on small topics of learning and led a number of key initiatives within Santander.
• A lead Agile Coach who designed the widely accepted double funnel effect describing delivery pipelines along with Dan Brown. Carl also managed the building of the Asos Russia website; Asos’ first project to be delivered on time and on budget.
• Charged with defining the technical strategies for EE, Carl worked with the key stakeholders at EE in Leeds to define a number of key outcomes that would act as the definition and measurements of the departments success.
• Audited project, governance and practices at Virgin Media. Creation of a improvement report and plan to improve project delivery and quality using Agile techniques.
• As Head of Engineering at Dunelm, initiated, led the Agile and Engineering transition. Delivered the structures and mechanisms to deploy multiple changes daily whilst delivering key changes to a variety of key solutions / systems such as their WCS ecommerce platform.
Facta non verba – Canadian Navy SEAL