Scale-Up Business Consultant
- Scale-Up businesses
- Specialise in Culture, Recruitment,Retention, & Results
- Agile leadership & management
- Pragmatic Agilist
- Part of the leadership teams for 2 companies scaling up that went on
- Worked in retail, manufacturing, telecoms & mobile, fintech, scaling up businesses, corporate, and notfor-profits
- Part of the leadership team at NewVoiceMedia (now Vonage) to build the
software team from 15 to 120 people across 2 countries (agile management
practices, pragmatic agile team practices, developing robust culture, and
strong recruitment and retention processes. (Staff turnover for the tech
department was less than 2% for more than 4 years, during which time the
department went from 15 to 120+ people.)
- Led the work to migrate Screwfix (part of Kingfisher group) from software
releases annually to 2-monthly, using no technology improvements, just
systems and process improvements. At the same time increased the quality
and responsiveness of live issues by more than 90%.
- Worked with Three. mobile telecoms to help streamline their working practices
for 5G phase 1, Marketing team, Leadership team 5G Devices team and 5G
Experiences team. Designed and implemented pathways to standup team
collectives (collaborating groups off teams), rolling out a flexible intro to agile
for each team alongside tailored agile processes that supported each unique
set of requirements, yet aligned all teams at crucial touch points.
- Worked with Legacy Development teams at Vocalink (Mastercard) to bring
regular (monthly) deployments and improved working practices.
- Part of the leadership team at InvitationDigital to grow the tech team from
around 20 people to 40 people. Implemented some light-weight agile and
management practices, dramatically reduced staff turnover, and saw the
company acquired by Vodafone.
- Led a team to build a master data management system from scratch to share
data and insights from 4 separate European countries.
Difficult is not bad, difficult is not impossible, difficult is just difficult. And you can do difficult things. – Justin Su’a