Technical Architect and Lean/Agile coach
• Lean/agile delivery management
• Kanban specialist
• Scrum Practitioner
• DevOps Practices
• Continuous Delivery Pipelines
• Evolutionary architecture
Tom has worked in software delivery for over 30 years and has been engaged with agile and lean software delivery principles since their inception.
He is committed to helping teams and organisations deliver better value.
Recent engagements include:
• Coach on agile transformation of a large private enterprise organisation. Re-engineering ways of working, introducing outcomes-oriented thinking and lean portfolio management, creating communities of practice, and development of appropriate visualisation and tracking metrics.
• Coach on a large-scale agile transformation in the public sector. Creating the initial baseline of the organisation’s “digital maturity”, analysing ways of working, team and individual coaching, and alignment with value streams.
• Programme Manager, Platform Engineering for large Government Programme. Setting up the DevOps structure and platform for pipeline development including forming a DevOps capability across the Operations and Delivery areas..
• Lead Technical Architect for Large Government Programme. Enabling effective architectural and technical decision making through the creation of high trust relationships in the politically complex environment of a large Government programme.
• Development Manager and lead technical architect for FX trading systems in multiple investment banks between 2001 and 201. Responsible for global technical strategy, architecture and delivery.
• In all roles Tom has led adopter of agile and lean practices, giving teams a value delivery focus and a continuous improvement mindset. He has led the adoption of a DevOps culture, integrating delivery, operations and production support; increasing release frequency and production reliability.
• He has created and implemented agile-architectures and continuous technology upgrade strategies enabling continuous competitiveness and avoiding the slide into legacy.
• He has managed these and the other aspects of delivery and team management for large and geographically dispersed teams.
“You do not install quality; you begin to work at it”, W. Edwards Deming