Allan is one of the most experienced practitioners in the market. He is a multi-discipline specialist in organization structure, workflow and product ownership/management coupled with extensive agile and software development experience.
His experience makes him a sought after speaker at conferences and events and is co-founder of the hugely popular *Agile on the Beach* conference. In his “spare” time he has written a number of successful books on agile including *The Art of Product Management*, *Succeeding with OKRs in Agile* and the hybrid *Xanpan* method. He is also the creator of retrospective Dialogue Sheets, a facilitator-less retrospective technique.
Qualifications and certifications
- MBA, Nottingham University Business School
- BSc (Hons), University of Leicester
- Kanban Coaching Professional and Kanban KMP II certifications.
- Guided development squad at Swift through adoption of continuous delivery process and development pipeline rebuild within Spotify model. Additionally restructured Swift marketing team to create better customer service within and outside company.
- Introduced agile working to over a dozen high growth companies in Cornwall as part of a European programme. One company grew from 5 people to nearly 150, another from 12 to over 70.
- Trained and coached development teams at a regulated medical software company as part of their successful transition to agile working.
- Guided multi-national geospatial data company adoption of agile in Europe, North America and Australia. Providing training and coaching to teams and advice to management.
- Organizational restructuring of product development teams building legal ERP system within Microsoft Dynamics into cross-functional cells.
“I can’t understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I’m frightened of the old ones.” John Cage