Hilary helps organisations deliver value and derive real business outcomes in complex environments. She is an experienced project delivery professional and corporate strategist.
Hilary has an interesting blend of experience, including DDaT, cyber security, and within public sector and law enforcement sectors. Her recent roles include Head of Delivery, Chief Data Officer, Programme Director (cyber) and Portfolio Manager. Whatever your challenges, whatever your sector, Hilary can help deliver real business outcomes.
Hilary typically works on short-term contracts at strategic level, but can also provide a longer term solution for more complex organisations where a bigger step change in maturity is required.
She is also available for assurance reviews on a fast turnaround, and accredited as a High Risk assurance reviewer, and Subject Matter Expert in Science and Data.
Whilst she has most recently worked in DDaT and cyber security, she has a strong background in science, as represented by her Chartered Fellowship of the Royal Society of Chemistry, so organisations from the pharma, science or medical sector would specifically benefit from her experience.
- Experienced Programme and Portfolio Director
- Strategic Transformation, Leadership and Cultural change
- High level of scientific and technical knowledge
- STEM qualified and Chartered (CSci MChem MSc CChem FRSC)
- Project and programme assurance reviews
Qualifications and certifications
- Level 7 Certificate in Professional Consulting (CMI)
- Agile Project Management Registered Practitioner (APMG-International)
- Chartered Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Used scientific and technical expertise to overcome significant barriers, winning over complex stakeholders to deliver a complex programme – and a key security measure for the UK – and led team negotiations to secure unanimous EU approval during challenging Brexit negotiations.
- Worked in collaboration with international partners to lead a programme of work identifying new and novel techniques, boundary-crossing technology and engaging with academia to harness low Technology Readiness Level (TRL) research to solve some of the most complex and fast-changing problems facing law enforcement, and successfully delivering innovation across international borders in the fight against Child Sexual Exploitation.
- Enhanced Business Capability by coaching project teams on performance, risk, assurance and methodology. Led and coached analysts and project teams in a Central Government Department to redesign the process from a user-centric approach. Embedded a learning culture that should ensure continuing improvement.
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new ” Albert Einstein