Experienced Programme and Portfolio Director
Scientist. Engineer. Experienced P3M professional (Agile and Waterfall Methodologies).
Strong drive for creative problem-solving, innovative delivery and identifying opportunity vectors to support impactful business outcomes.
Delivery through collaborative leadership and a special interest in developing the talent pipeline.
Excellent level of procurement understanding and financial responsibility (£10m+).
Friendly, adaptable and used to operating with and at C-suite level, recent roles include Programme Manager/Director for a critical cyber security uplift for a central Whitehall Department, Chief Data Officer for Counter-Terrorism Policing and Portfolio Manager for the Cabinet Office.
- Experienced Programme and Portfolio Director
- Strategic Transformation, Leadership and Cultural change
- High level of scientific and technical knowledge
- STEM qualified and Chartered (CSci MChem MSc CChem FRSC)
- Project and programme assurance reviews
Qualifications and certifications
- Level 7 Certificate in Professional Consulting (CMI)
- Agile Project Management Registered Practitioner (APMG-International)
- Chartered Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry
- Used scientific and technical expertise to overcome significant barriers, winning over complex stakeholders to deliver a complex programme – and a key security measure for the UK – and led team negotiations to secure unanimous EU approval during challenging Brexit negotiations.
- Worked in collaboration with international partners to lead a programme of work identifying new and novel techniques, boundary-crossing technology and engaging with academia to harness low Technology Readiness Level (TRL) research to solve some of the most complex and fast-changing problems facing law enforcement, and successfully delivering innovation across international borders in the fight against Child Sexual Exploitation.
- Enhanced Business Capability by coaching project teams on performance, risk, assurance and methodology. Led and coached analysts and project teams in a Central Government Department to redesign the process from a user-centric approach. Embedded a learning culture that should ensure continuing improvement.
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new ” Albert Einstein